Saturday, July 14, 2012

Happy Tails - Ashley (nka Stella)


My husband and I adopted a cat at PetSmart in Alpharetta in November 2011 through your agency. She was a beautiful 3 year old short hair gray cat with green eyes. Her name was "Ashley", but we changed it to "Stella". It took a lot of patience at first because she was so skittish, but it was worth it. Now, we can't imagine life without her. At first, I thought I wanted to get a kitten, but I am glad we decided to go with a full grown cat. She is so well-behaved and loving. She is still very skittish of strangers, but very affectionate with us, as she exposes her belly to us when she wants attention and to play. Her favorite things to play with are strings.

About a month after getting her, I experienced a tragic death in the family. Stella, who had previously favored my husband over me, slept on top of me every night for awhile. I know she sensed my grief. She wants to sleep with us every night now. She is very smart and knows what certain words mean, such as "eat", "night-night" and her own name. Stella has been through a lot with us over the past several months, as due to a death in the family and getting new jobs in different cities, we have had to move a couple of times, and I know it has been hard on her. My husband and I just bought a new house where we plan to stay and we made sure that we have plenty of windows for her to look out of during the day, as she loves to look outside. I'm very happy my husband walked into PetSmart that day. Having Stella has meant so much to us.

Heather and Levi 

No comments:

Post a Comment