Saturday, September 3, 2011

Ramey - How a car accident totally changed his life!




Ramey, obviously injured, was found in a junkyard in Cleveland, GA by one of our faithful volunteers. The story begins with her words:

Ramey was found in a truck and car junkyard/towing company in Cleveland, GA. My husband and I were there to get a part for our business truck. Ramey was hanging around the front office and was so friendly, but I could see he was injured. I asked the girl working there what happened to him. She said he had been hit by a car and had belonged to a woman who lived down the road. Sadly, the owner did not want him back and would not even take him to the vet! I could see he had surface wounds on his head and one of his eyes was really bad and looked infected. I was heartbroken for him! I went home and sent out an e-mail to all the cat volunteers about him and asked if we could take him into the shelter. June gave me the go ahead, so I immediately called the junkyard and explained I was with CCPR asked if I could come get him. She said yes, so off I went! There was Ramey, as if he were waiting for me. I met June at the vet with him and discovered he was already neutered!!! But his eye was a problem and he had to have it removed soon after his first visit. Ramey was the ladies man in room #2 [at the cat shelter]; all the females seemed to love him. He even had a sweet girlfriend named Buttercup, who got adopted. He was really a sweet guy!!!!

Pam [a CCPR supporter] came to the shelter and met and adopted him!! She can fill you in on the rest of his story:

After Ramey's surgery and talking to Deb about him, we decided we needed a house-cat as our other 6 cats have their own house! He came to live with us and immediately was at home. Tim built him a cat perch that he lays on top of to watch the birds on the porch feeders and also has a lake view. He's a very sweet boy, about 5 years old, and loves to watch TV on the back of Tim's rocking chair with Tim sitting in it...talk about balance. Ramey has internal gastro problems due to being hit by the car and is on special food and medication to control this, and is doing well. We're constantly tweaking his meds depending on what's happening, but he's a good sport. He likes men more than women and especially likes anyone who doesn't care for cats. Once they have him on their lap, however, they soon change their mind! We love him very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment