Thursday, May 17, 2012

"I will try my best, even if it's to save just one."

Here are just a few quick pictures of some of the babies we saved from death within the hour of termination. They all will have a chance at life again and a forever home thanks to CCPR and its employees/volunteers that strive to make a difference.

If you look into their eyes you can see them say thank you. Everyone that I had touched after the release from animal control said thank you by licking my hand.

When I got that email with all the sad pictures, I felt an urge to open it and ask myself "What can I do to help?" It bothered me all night till I just came to the fact that "I will try my best, even if it's to save just one." And when I arrived at work, the animal control in Clayton Ga. had contacted Adeana at CCPR and she gave them my number. When I was asked to help, I said "yes!" without any doubt. Did I know if I had permission to do so? Would CCPR want to get involved? Where the heck would I put 6 dogs when everyone knows how full the shelter already was? These questions didn't come to me till I was off the phone and stood there in shock. But I knew if I pleaded my case and show people how strongly I felt about this someone would come together with me and we would make it happen.

So the next step was to get permission. I called Terry up and got the green light. He supported the idea. Then I heard from Martha that June was on her way to the shelter and wanted to talk to me about this. June did not give it a second thought and even offered to go with me to Clayton, Ga. Thanks to everyone for the follow through to make this become reality...not just a thought!

Do you see that all it takes is the will and the desire to make a difference?

The point of this letter is to give you the spark that you remember you had when you first decided to work with CCPR and decided to make a difference. Keep up the good work, and keep looking for the forever homes that every animal wishes they had!

Please forward this to anyone that has forgotten what it feels like to step up and rescue the innocent!!!

Thanks-Chris








No comments:

Post a Comment